Follow the journey of a polar bear from cub to adulthood to find out how they reach the top of the Arctic food chain and survive in the frozen north.
• Ruby/Band 14 books give increasing opportunities for children to develop their skills of inference and deduction.
• Text type – An information book.
• The book is organised into short chapters to help children practise the skills of locating and identifying important information.
• The glossary and index on pages 44 and 45 can be used to develop children's information retrieval skills further.
• Curriculum links – Science – Living things and their habitats