The Pet Detective faces a special challenge when Kara’s pet tortoise, Rocket, goes missing. Has the tortoise been squashed on a motorway? Eaten by a hungry goat? Chewed up by a dog? The Pet Detective follows the clues to find out what’s happened.
• Purple/ Band 8 books offer developing readers literary language, with some challenging vocabulary.
• Text type – A story by the same author.
• A final double page spread shows all the things a Pet Detective needs on a case to support recapping the story.
• Curriculum links – Science: Plants and animals in the local environment.
• Tortoise Trouble is one of two stories by Jana Hunter about the Pet Detective
• This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.