What's it like to be a writer, radio presenter and performer? Read all about Michael Rosen's life and find out what he was like as a boy, what he got up to at school and how he became a famous poet in this fascinating autobiography.
• Sapphire/Band 16 books books offer longer reads to develop children's sustained engagement with texts and are more complex syntactically.
• Text type: An autobiography.
• The timeline on pages 54-55 track the major events of Michael Rosen’s life that led to him becoming a successful writer.
• Additional information retrieval devices such as a glossary and index can be evaluated for their usefulness as children develop critical reading skills
• Curriculum links: History: What we can learn about recent history from studying the life of a famous person.
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.