Build brilliant vocabulary to help close the word gap in KS3 English with ready-made vocabulary activities for 60 high leverage Tier 2 words and teaching guidance informed by evidence and research.
60 ready-made lessons and student worksheets to share with your department to build confidence in teaching vocabulary in KS3 to improve students’ conceptual knowledge and prepare for GCSE 9–1.
· Tackles high leverage Tier 2 words to help students understand challenging concepts.
· Supports and exemplifies good practice in systematic and explicit teaching of vocabulary with a teaching sequence for each word with student activity sheets using the words in a range of contexts.
· Unlocks learning and reduces workload with a bank of vocabulary activities which are easy to set for homework, starters or tutor time.
· Helps you show Ofsted evidence of a structured approach to teaching Tier 2 vocabulary.
· Expert support from Katie Ashford, specialist in SEN and the teaching of reading.
· Adapt the resources to your needs: the flexible format means lessons can be taught as a full vocabulary intervention programme, or dipped into to fit your own schemes of work.
• The student activity sheets and editable versions of the teacher notes can be downloaded from the Collins website: www.collins.co.uk/BuildingBrilliantVocabulary/download